The project is working on delivering a vision for the European transport system in 2030 and an Action Plan including a Roadmap to implement that vision. Recommendations for tangible measures in research, innovation and implementation targeted towards various stakeholder groups are being derived. The project aims to:
- Identify and assess societal challenges that will influence future transport demand and supply;
- Establish a future vision of a transport system in 2030 that reflects the various societal drivers;
- Develop an Action Plan including a Roadmap for the implementation of that vision taking into account user needs, new mobility concepts, the implication of these new concepts on policy, new business models, and promoting consensus building around new solutions and good practices;
- Recommend tangible measures in research, innovation and implementation for meeting the respective targets and challenges;
- Sustain the work of the project beyond its duration in the form of a new European Transport and Mobility Forum.